Monday, May 18, 2020

What's growing in Helen P's garden?

What's in my garden?  Pears, pears and lots of pears!

We have two large pear trees that always give us lots of pears.  Usually, we invite all our friends around to help clear the trees but this year because of the lockdown, my family bubble picked them all!

                              

I searched through my recipe books and on the internet for recipes with pears.  I baked tasty pear crumbles, pear cobblers, upside-down pear cake, and pear muffins. 
 

I stewed up pears to put into the freezer so we can make crumbles all through the winter.  I also made pear jam, pear & ginger jam, pear sauce, and salted caramel pear butter. 

 

I picked all the cranberries off the bushes in our garden and mixed them with pears to make a really yummy cranberry and pear chutney.  

               

We even drank fresh pear juice!  

I'm looking forward to picking all the feijoas that are just getting ripe now!  I wonder what I can make with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment